Monday, August 25, 2008

First Day of School

Well I thought it was hard to send Pait off to kindergarten. I spent the day crying and all emotional because he was wasn't my baby anymore, but that day six years ago doesn't even compare to how hard it was to let him go to Junior High today. It really hit me a couple of weeks ago when it all sunk in that he was going to this school with all these older kids that probably aren't as innocent as all the elementary kids. Even though Bob Miller is the best Junior High School in the district, I am still having a hard time letting him go. Pait is a really good kid and all I can do is trust that he will make good choices. I have told him over and over to choose your friends wisely, speaking from experience I know how much of an influence friends can have at this age. Anyway he had an awesome first day of school. He must of sensed my worry because he called me on lunch to tell me how his day was going so far. Despite the fact he got trampled in the hall, dropped his PE clothes, lost his deodorant, and got his finger slammed in the locker underneth his, he says it's "awesome" and he can't wait to go back tomorrow. I am excited for these new experiences for Pait and i'm sure he'll teach me a lot along the way.

1 comment:

Chase and Neiko said...

Pait is a good kid...and we think he will be just fine. But we can't believe he is already in Junior High. Anyway...we wish you guys could come to Disneyland. We miss you.